On behalf of Governor Martin O’Malley and the citizens of our great State, I want to welcome you to Maryland. Whether you are an employee of a Department of Defense command relocating due to Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC), a defense contractor supporting those commands, a job seeker exploring career opportunities related to BRAC, or a business owner seeking BRAC-related opportunities, you’ll find a variety of options to live, work, learn, and play here in the Old Line State.
Maryland has historically played a significant role in our nation’s military history, with military commands performing critical functions and Maryland companies providing integral support to the nation’s endeavors. And now, as the result of the 2005 BRAC decisions, Maryland will take on even greater responsibilities in homeland security and defense.
We encourage you to use this website to explore our State. And then come visit and discover in person what Maryland has to offer. Governor O’Malley and I look forward to welcoming you to our cities, towns and villages; our business communities; and our historical, cultural and recreational sites.
Anthony G. Brown
Chair, Governor’s Subcabinet on Base Realignment and Closure
In the News
- Defense Labs Tech Transfer Showcase
- University of Maryland opens drone test site
- University of Maryland UAS Test Site to Benefit Regionís Education
- Green light for U.S. Joint Spectrum Center move from Annapolis to Fort Meade
- Army opens new chemical defense lab in Md.
- Visit with wounded veterans has big impact on O's