On behalf of Governor Martin O’Malley and the citizens of our great State, I want to welcome you to Maryland. Whether you are an employee of a Department of Defense command relocating due to Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC), a defense contractor supporting those commands, a job seeker exploring career opportunities related to BRAC, or a business owner seeking BRAC-related opportunities, you’ll find a variety of options to live, work, learn, and play here in the Old Line State.
Maryland has historically played a significant role in our nation’s military history, with military commands performing critical functions and Maryland companies providing integral support to the nation’s endeavors. And now, as the result of the 2005 BRAC decisions, Maryland will take on even greater responsibilities in homeland security and defense.
We encourage you to use this website to explore our State. And then come visit and discover in person what Maryland has to offer. Governor O’Malley and I look forward to welcoming you to our cities, towns and villages; our business communities; and our historical, cultural and recreational sites.
Anthony G. Brown
Chair, Governor’s Subcabinet on Base Realignment and Closure
In the News
- Furloughs hit hundreds at Fort Detrick
- New Fort Detrick garrison commander ‘had a need to serve’
- $2.5B Fort Meade project offers an in on specialized security work
- Ten States Account for Majority of Civilian Furloughs
- Army National Guard Center in Westminster Breaks Ground on Expansion Project
- Maryland plays role in evolving military fleet